Unify Reference Number: #11783
Job Area: Finance
Position Type: Professional
Job Type: Full Time
Contract Type: Permanent
The Accounts Payable / Accounts Specialist is responsible for the processing of supplier invoices / credit notes and other related documents and queries for the Unify Non-German legal entities. This will involve the routing of queries to the appropriate Finance / order management team and the subsequent expediting of responses so that invoices are paid on a timely basis in line with Unify expectations and payment policies. It will also involve the application of customer payments to customer invoices and resolution of associated queries.
- The receipt, archiving, inputting, matching, query resolution, payment of Supplier invoices in SAP
- Working within the agreed policies and procedures of the AP process
- Invoice query resolution, including anticipating time/task conflicts and planning mitigating actions to control risks, ensuring the queries are addressed in a systematic manner and customers are guided through the query mitigation process;
- Working with suppliers, internal departments and Procurement to ensure the swift resolution of invoice queries
- Working with our notification management tool to monitor and manage query resolution
- receipting of customer remittances, application of these to customer accounts and the management of unallocated payments and unidentified payments to ensure that they are correctly allocated.
- Management of unallocated payments and unidentified payments to ensure that they are correctly allocated.
- Production of customer accounts statements and issue of credit notes. Matching of Invoices / credit notes with Purchase orders
- Liaising with customers to for statement reconciliations
- Processing of customer payments
- Ensuring that queries are resolved on a timely basis and in accordance with SLAs, including anticipating time/task conflicts and planning mitigating actions to control risks, ensuring the queries are addressed in a systematic manner and customers are guided through the query mitigation process;
- Flagging any issues where controls and standard processes are not being met; and
- Suggesting areas where you believe performance improvements could be made and discussing them with your team leader and assisting with their improvement.
- Qualification: : BS/BA or advanced degree in Business Administration/ Accounting/ Finance (University) or English and German Language
- Work Experience desired: At least 1 years experience of working in a complex Supplier facing / customer facing team using the SAP system.
- Language Skills: Various depending on country role – B1 or above; English – C1 will be the required Language for all internal matters.
- Technical Skills: SAP AP, MS Office (advanced excel skills), Enterprise Data Flows and Systems (ERP, etc.)
- Personal Skills: Networking and Communication Skills with peers and Management, as well as Customer Orientation (internal / external), shows Analytical Skills and demonstrates and applies comprehensive knowledge of field of specialization to the successful completion (or problem solving) of assignments. Excellent numerical reasoning skills
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.