Unify Reference Number: #11163
Job Area: Finance
Position Type: Professional
Job Type: Full Time
Contract Type: Permanent
The Accounting Junior associate is responsible for assisting more senior members of the Accounting team to ensure that all Unify accounts (whether monthly, quarterly or annually) are drawn up in accordance with required accounting standards and are complete and accurate. Accounting Junior Associate is responsible for working with and supporting the Senior Associate and Accounting Team Leader in preparation and analysis of more complex General Ledger postings, clarification and resolution of open issues with requestors/source of the G/L entry for all required Unify legal entities.
- Responsible for the correctness of the G/L entries in compliance with the Unify Financial Reporting Guidelines as well as local GAAP requirements
- Preparation and validation of data for areas of individual responsibility as they pertain to Month end, Quarter end and Annual Closing
- Identification and resolution of General Ledger problems within their specific area of concentration
- Processing of Accounting transactions both within the Income Statement and Balance Sheet based upon validated supporting documentation
- Various administrative finance tasks as they relate to the safe keeping of documentation
- Acts as the 1st line expert within their respective area of Financial responsibility (e.g. GL Accounting, Fixed Assets, Inventories, Inter-Company , Cash and Bank etc)
- Provides support to the Senor Accountant in the preparation of analytical reviews and in the resolution of identified process issues
- Responsible for the preparation and analysis of General Ledger postings, clarification and resolution of open issues with the requestor/source of the G/L entry
- A level of interaction with different SSC Groups and potentially In Country Departments, e.g. HR, Controlling, Order Processing etc.
- University degree in economics/finance or equivalent education and working knowledge of GAAP
- 0-3 years experience in accounting
- SAP, MS Office (advanced excel skills)
- Strong Analytical Skills
- High German and English Language Skills Written/Verbal required;
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines required
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.