Sneak Preview of our Upcoming New Software Release and its improvements
2017 was a successful year for Unify´s All-In-One Voice & UC Solution for SMB OpenScape Business, and to continue this momentum we are already in development on our next software version (planned release end of May 2018). This release focuses 100% on the fulfillment of partner requirements and customer values in the area of UC Suite Enhancements, a new common UC client, enhanced redundancy options, serviceability improvements, and more.
The new OpenScape Business Software Release V2R5 will include the following Highlights and Values:
- UC Suite Enhancements: To further increase customer acceptance, it is now possible to change UC presence automatically in case of a PC shutdown or log out, a new “away from keyboard” indication if users are not at their desk, Single Hotkey (Desktop Dialing) option including new quick search functionality and much more in the area of myAttendant and myAgent.
- New Common UC Client: Get excited about our new UC client providing a common GUI for UC Smart and UC Suite with a fresh, scalable look and feel. Based on the latest technology level, the new common client so-called myPortal @work also offers other customer benefits, such as an easy migration path, one step installation, different UI views and many more usability highlights. The first step is planned with V2R5 and there is more to come, like integrated VoIP, on our Roadmap 2018, delivering continuous developments with later software releases.
- Enhanced Redundancy for IP Telephony: As requested by you, our partners, redundancy for IP Telephony between the same OpenScape Business models, like X to X and S to S, is now possible, combined with a new OpenScape Business Redundancy User license meeting the right price point. With this new concept, we are providing many more opportunities and scenarios fulfilling customer needs.
- General Improvements: For customer convenience, it will be possible to export the external UC Suite directory, making it easier for customers to back up their user directory.
- Improved Teamwork: As employees becoming more and more mobile, with the new flexible device user handling, so-called MULAP in Groups, it is possible to have a better group handling for those customers using their desktop phone combined with a DECT or mobile phone.
- Serviceability: To keep device@home (HFA) Users with their system phone up to date and secure, software upgrades can now be done remotely with our integrated deployment service (DLI). This saves time and effort for administrators.
- Infrastructure: Now supporting Microsoft Windows 2016 Server with Citrix 7.6 environments.
All Customers under valid Software Support can benefit from the latest V2R5 Software Release.
In preparation for our global release, we are conducting our field trial right now with our valuable Partners heavily involved: 20+ different Partners, 40x active OpenScape Business Systems, 3500+ active users. Thank You, dear partner community, for your valuable support!
From a sales perspective to get familiar with the above-mentioned highlights we will offer webinars for Partners beginning in May 2018.
Please watch out our Unify Partner Portal for further details or get in contact with Michael Trotz firstname.lastname@example.org